Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Usually a cross-country runner but now I'm trying for track.?

ok so i've ran cross-country since 7th grade and now im in high school and my fried wants me to tryout for track. so im going to tryout for long distance and 100m sprint. and yesterday my times were 1 mile-6.01, 2 mile-13.20, and 100m-13.26. and coach say these times are good enough for JV. so my question is for people who have made varsity, what are your times for meets? and should i get better shoes, would that help?(i have nike ones because there made with heavier material and make running in spikes even easier.

Usually a cross-country runner but now I'm trying for track.?
I'm varsity, Im middle of the pack, and yes, shoes should be important. Though I am biased towards Nike as a brand, I would recommend you to go to a running-specific store, like Fleet Feet in Carrboro, NC. They can help you find the right shoe because people buy shoes that aren't necessarily right for their feet, but more comfortable or fashionable. But after you get the correct shoes or even if you haven't, I would go to any major athletics store and ask the sales associates because they are getting paid to know the products they are selling. Good luck!!!





http://www.fleetfeetsports.com/
Reply:Those are two very diverse events and use 2 different kinds of muscles: slow twitch (distance) and fast twitch (sprints) . . . however, your times seem to indicate that you are more fast twitch than slow twitch . . . 13.26 for 100m is a decent time and if the 100 seems short to you, try the 200 or the 400 . . . as far as shoes are concerned, you'll want to get some sprint spikes: molded heel and light weight (9oz or less) ~ you 'll feel fast and hopefully be fast(er) with proper training . . . good luck



microsoft

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive