Friday, March 12, 2010

Putting up a closet?

I have just moved into a new house and my closet didn't have any bars or anything for me to hang anything up in there!! I'm not too much of a "handy"-woman but any tips would be greatly appreciated because, my drawers are barely holding all my clothes anymore and I would also like a place to put my shoes. The closet is a large walk-in closet but it kind of slants at the top, it's not completely straight. Any answers, tips, supplies and things I need to build the closet, where I can purchase the materials, or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so very much in advance!!!!!! :)

Putting up a closet?
You can go to your local hardware store and probably get the supplies that you need. You will need to get rigid pipe and hangers for them. Measure your closet from wall to wall and write down the measurements. Maybe they could cut it to length for you. Measure a point on each wall and mark it.Secure one of the hangers to the wall, if it is a hollow wall you will need to use hollow wall anchors. Now this is the tricky part, slide the other hanger onto the rigid pipe and place the pipe into the hanger that is fastened to the wall. Now you can slidethe other hangeragainst the wall and secure it. You may want to get a 9 inch magnetic level and see if it is level. I hope that I was able to help you
Reply:There are two main types of do-it-yourself systems; those made of ventilation coated-wire components, and those made of solid particleboard components with a high pressure-plastic laminate.



jsp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive