Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What's the best way to make cosplay boot covers?

Hi there





I'm making boot covers for me and my girlfriend's catgirl cosplays, or at least hoping to. We're working with white fur a lot, so though they don't look too bad, seams are quite visible. Hence, I want to do my best to minimise seam appearance.





I've seen a boot cover tutorial which basically suggested two bits of material cut to shape then sewn - but that would leave a seam down the front. Though I'll use that method if need be, I don't want to in the ideal world.





We're planning on just using elastic strips under our shoes to keep the covers in place though I am vaguely considering getting textured non-slip material and making the covers more boot like.





Oh, and I'm going to be wearing platform shoes (i.e. no boots), and she'll be wearing calf-high flat boots - just in case that helps.





So, anyone?

What's the best way to make cosplay boot covers?
Simplicity Patterns had a how to for boot covers, but it's for faux fur boot covers. They're using elastic and the instructions aren't hard to understand.



cat skin problem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive