Wednesday, March 17, 2010

What technically happens to the midsole of the Asics 1120 over time?

Hi! I've been wearing Asics for the last four years, having given up on Nike and the disastrous spongey midsole they've implanted in the Pegasus.





I'm not running all that much, 20 miles a week right now, up to 35 in good weather. The last two years I wore Asics 1120's. I just bought a couple of new pairs since the model seems to be on its way out.





In comparing the pair I've worked out in for about six months with the one I bought, I noticed very little outer sole wear on the older pair. That's a good thing! But I wonder if the wear on the midsole merits switching to the newer pair.





The question I have is, does anyone know what technically happens to the midsole of running shoes, and particularly the Asics, as the shoes are worn and run in, over time? Is there something happening at the base material level of the midsole that merits frequent replacement?





In answering this question, if it helps, I am male, weigh 162, don't pronate or supinate, run rather lightly.

What technically happens to the midsole of the Asics 1120 over time?
First let me say great that you've stopped using nike, thats the best decision a runner could make and I love to hear people say that. anyways


Hi, I know that you know a lot about running because I have read many of your questions so I'm just going to keep it to what I know. Asics seems to have very good wear on their outersoles, almost as good as it gets but I think saucony takes it home for durability but what the downfall of the saucony shoe is they very often breakdown inside without seeing any signifigant wear on the outside. The insole of your running shoe is honestly just a glorified sponge and overtime the material gets broken down and then that is when it is recommended that we get new shoes. But as this shoe like all other shoes has a "spongy" midsole it would be best for it to be rotated with another pair every other run to give the sole a chance to recover, thus increasing the life of your shoes.


Now what I have done: I have always been a die hard asics fan and have used their products for many years and the crown jewel and testiment to their product is my 4 year old pair of Asics Speva's not a special shoe but they have always worked solid and are still my training shoe but I do alternate them with a pair of Saucony's that I wear depending on how I feel. anyways those asics shoes, I replaced the insole with a more athletic insole the day I bought them and they have never given me a problem since, with one exception. I spent a week training a incredible intensity in the mountains and really put the shoes and myself through the ringer and after than they felt as though I were walking on the sidewalk even with them on, there was absolutly no cushion. So I switched to my Saucony's for 2 weeks and when I put my Asics back on they felt great and haven't give me trouble since. So my recommendation is: if they've been about 500 miles on pavement probably replace them because its time and your midsole will always wear out before your outersole will so thats usually not a good indicator. Good luck and keep the running community alive
Reply:hey dude every six months to a year for running shoes the sole is there but its like a really realy old pillow or couch cushin thats really old or when ever you sit on the couch and when you get up theres a hole for a little bit same thin but in running



interest rate

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive