Sunday, March 14, 2010

How do I remove alcohol stains-like red kool-aid stains in particular-from my athletic shoes?

It was a red alcohol drink that splashed over my brand new shoes just last night. Some idiot decided to start up a brawl that caused a reaction in a crowd. When one idiot decides to run, all the other idiots decide to run- with drinks in their hands. Whether they were involved or not. Anyway, it has the suede I guess like the birkenstocks and the silky material over the top of the foot and toes. A light greenish, khaki color. Now the stains are set in. I've tried the nubuck eraser and brush to no avail. Please help! Thanks

How do I remove alcohol stains-like red kool-aid stains in particular-from my athletic shoes?
I think the directions for red wine stains should work. I'd try a combination of dish washing liquid (Dawn seems particularly good for this sort of thing) and hydrogen peroxide. Blot and blot and blot until the stain is lifted. It may take a while.





You may need to use a touch up dye to redye the shoes. Is that a possibility?





These links have suggestions that may help you. Good luck with getting the stain out.
Reply:I found a product called Krud Kutter that will take latex paint and ink out of fabric. Maybe that will help. Did you try white vinegar yet? It couldn't hurt. Godloveya and I hope you can save them!



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive