Sunday, October 11, 2009

How do you paint plastic shoes and prevent the design from cracking?

I bought my friend a pair of black plastic shoes that I intent to paint and varnish for her birthday. Has anyone tried this before? I know it can be done but I’m not sure how. I’m trying to find out what materials and method to use. I’ve found one website that might be useful but it’s based on leather shoes. (http://www.rheingold.com/paintyourshoesh... Can anyone help?

How do you paint plastic shoes and prevent the design from cracking?
you could try stencils and krylon fusion spray paint





its suposed to bond to the plastic and be hard wearing
Reply:I havent done that before no, but varnish will be fine...





You just have to use some kind of flexible paint, like latex...


Perhaps a kind of bleach + dye strategy would work.



nanny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive