Friday, November 6, 2009

How do I make a 3D tree?

I have this class project where I have to decorate a shoe box like a state you chose. I chose New Jersey, and I hear there are many trees there. How do I make a little tree thing to put on the shoe box? Well, I got the leaves thing handled out, but how would I make the branches and trunk. Also, I need to make flowers and stuff, so any tips on how to make that? But I don't want to use a material that's heavy like clay or something, and no paper please. Thanks.

How do I make a 3D tree?
I would use a piece of a brown paper bag (size depending on the size of your "tree"). First, crumple it until it is soft, then twist it into a tree shape, tearing parts away (but not off completely) to twist into branches. You wouldn't need to paint it (its already brown!), it would have a bark-ish texture (from the twisting), and it will be relatively sturdy, but considerably lighter than, say, clay. As for the flowers, you could try gluing on beads... or you could use glitter glue...hee hee, sparkly...



dental

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive