Friday, November 6, 2009

Ballroom Shoes HURT!?

I bought a pair of ballroom shoes the other day, since I have just begun dancing this is my first pair. I have wide feet so strappy sandal type shoes didn't fit me. This is the pair I got but in 'tan' rather than black. http://www.blochworld.com/shop/p-24-issa...





They hurt so badly at the heel that I had blisters in ten minutes and this was wearing them around the house in socks. Also, at the peep toe bit, it hurts on my big toe quite badly. I have dancing tomorrow night and I want them to be comfortable since I'll be dancing for a few hours!





Anything I can do to make them more comfortable? Also, to stretch them a bit since they feel a tiny bit too tight at the front part, not too much, but yeah..


The inside as well as the bottom are suede sort of material so I can't get them wet.





Anyone had this problem or know what to do???





Any advice is welcomed!





Thanks =]

Ballroom Shoes HURT!?
I hope they can still be exchanged.





This is a common problem in today's shoes for women, made in China.





Sounds like your arch is not resting properly on the shank of the shoe, so that your foot is actually suspended from the heel to the ball of the foot. This allows your foot to slide forward and compound the problem.





Test this by standing and with your thumb, feel behind your big toe at the ball of the foot, where the vamp ends. If you feel a space and your foot is not resting solidly on the shank,


It indicates a misfit.


Only suggestion I can offer is a half size longer. Then you may need a half insole, cork, inserted under the insole of the shoe in the vamp. (glue this so not to slip). These are only about 1/8 inch in thickness. This has the effect of narrowing the width of the shoe vamp, but it will raise your foot and toes a bit higher.





You have to test it for comfort.





Your shoes at present are going to be killing on your feet to dance. You will tire easily also and may develope back pain as well. Blisters are almost assured.





If you ordered these over the net, no other suggestion.
Reply:You have to wear them until they form to your feet. Shoes are all cut the same, and until they are formed by your foot, there will be blisters and sore spots. In the meantime, you can fix the blister. Use a product called New Skin. This stuff works GREAT on blisters. It does sting for a second, but you will never know that a blister existed. As for the toes rubbing, try to put in those adhesive corn pads right above where the toe is rubbing. Trim if needed so no one will see it. They also have foot inserts to correct the problems you have. If your toe is slipping, get a ball of foot pad. This cushions and keeps the foot from slipping. Same goes for the heel. They make heel cushions, too.



sweating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive